PDA

View Full Version : OS-9 issues

bobwish
09-08-2005, 05:52 PM
We have a Digidelivery GT.

OS-X client software works fine...
Under OS 9.2.2 it takes 5 or 6 attempts before we can connect, or download.

Anyone out there having the same issues?
Anyone out there seeing reliable performance under OS 9.2.2?

vancouver8
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes I am (was) also having trouble
It got to be so much of a hit and miss thing that I now download Digideliveries
on my laptop (running OSX) with my Firewire audio drive connected to that instead.
The funny thing is that as far as I can remember, the initial releases of DGD
worked fine under OS9

Jonathan Wales
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Interesting.

We have also a GT and we got a comment from someone in Miami who was trying to send a delivery. He was a guest account holder using OS9, sending to a standard account holder in our facility. He was unable to get connected either by typing in our IP or by typing our "delivery.sonicmagic.net" address.

We are using the latest 2.1 software as I report this.

Digi I think we should check into this please.

Gordon Lyon
01-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Since this thread was startecd, we believe we have found a solution to the original problem mentioned at the start of this thread. There are many reasons that a user may get a "Connot connect to server" message, including firewall issues and offline servers. The problem which Bob is referring to is very specific: OS9 users can connect about 10-20% of the time. In other words, if they keep re-trying, they can usually get connected.

So far, we have only seen this exact problem at 1 or 2 facilities, but if it is more widespread, it would help us to know. If you are experiencing intermittent connection problems with an OS9 client, please contact [email protected].

Thanks, Gordon