PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking Drum Loops

JLSIII
08-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Since all the free downloadable drum loops are straight 8 rock or hip-hop style,
there must be a way to take one and make it a shuffle. Right?
I know it is not too hard to change a MIDI sequence to a shuffle beat, but how do you change a drum loop?
JLSIII

deafmute1
08-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't know of any vst or software that changes audio grooves. I think it will be very difficult to acheive this as it is also to do with the quantizing... the only sampler I know where you can do this is the emu e6400 or emulator 4 series that has a sort of beat mangler option which analyses the peaks and either takes certain notes out, or changes the swing.

mindnoise
08-25-2005, 03:27 AM
HI,

try

Basement Arts Reflex
Native Intruments Intakt, Kontakt, Reaktor, Battery (can read prepared REX files)
Abletons LIVE
FXpansion GURU
Steinberg Xphrase
Propellerheads Reason (REX module)

all SLICE Drumloops and resync them MIDI or whatever

regs

Jakob Clemen
09-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Use the beat detective inside protools. It does the job really great and can make a standard straight loop (drums/guitar/bas/vocal/whatever) swing. It takes a little experimenting to get it to work, but after a few times its flawless.

Read about it in the manual, and dont be scared to use those sliders - everything can be undone

Jakob Clemen

Shan
09-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Since all the free downloadable drum loops are straight 8 rock or hip-hop style,
there must be a way to take one and make it a shuffle. Right?
I know it is not too hard to change a MIDI sequence to a shuffle beat, but how do you change a drum loop?
JLSIII

Beat Detective.

Shane