PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Bad!!!

Pro Toolz LE
08-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Ok I have a tough question that I hope someone can answer for me. You see I have the behringer DDX3216 and would like to run it into my PC or thru my M-Box to use it to manipulate Pro Tools. I also have a Tascam US-122 If I could run it thru that, that would help but I would really like to run it thru the M-Box. Any info is helpful Please Help Me. I also have just bought the Behringer Truth B2031A Monitors. Any info on how to connect it to my computer is helpful.

Hogie
08-22-2005, 08:21 AM
First you'll need a MIDI interface and a couple of MIDI cables to connect the DDX3216. Then find the Legacy MIDI Controllers section for your version of PT and OS. There you can read about the JL Cooper CS-10. It is possible to confugre just about any MIDI controller to emulate a CS-10. You'll have to figure out how to configure your DDX3216 to transmit on channel 16 and how to change the CC values for your faders, buttons, knobs, etc.

Hope that helps you get started anyway...

Pro Toolz LE
08-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Ok Hogie I have the Tascam US-122 Audio/Midi Interface with 2 Midi Cables. Is that enough and how do I connect it to get a signal. When I say that I mean what outs and ins do I connect. I can post a pic of both so you could get a better description. Just a little more info would be helpful. Thank You

http://www.behringer.com/02_products/proddetail.cfm?lang=ENG&id=DDX3216&type=210

http://www.tascam.com/Products/US-122/US-122_right.jpg

http://www.tascam.com/Products/US-122/US-122_rear.jpg

Hogie
08-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Are you using a Mac or PC? What version of Pro Tools?

Go to this link and download the appropriate Legacy Midi Controllers file for you OS and PT (6.7 for PTMP 6.8):

http://www.digidesign.com/download/controllers/

Follow the directions on the link page to copy the "CS-10" profile to the appropriate directory (\Applications\Digidesign\Pro Tools\Controllers on Mac).

In the download there will be a pdf file. Please read the section on the JL Cooper CS-10, and Using Other Midi Controllers.

You will have to configure the Behringer device to transmit on channel 16. Then you will have the program the Midi CC values for your faders (40h-47h), Mutes, Bank left/right, Mode Switch, etc.

(Note: In case you can only enter decimal numbers, to convert from hexidecimal to decimal, multiply the first digit by 16 and add it to the second. 47h = 4*16 + 7 = 71)

Connect Midi Out on the Behringer to Midi In on the Tascam and connect MIDI In on the Behringer to Midi Out on the Tascam.

Then when you open up Pro Tools, and go to Peripherals->Midi Controllers, select the CS-10, select Tascam In/Out as the Receive/Send channels and set the number of faders to 8.

Create 24 audio tracks, try out the faders, and whatever else you programmed.

Let me know how that goes and any other questions you might have.

Pro Toolz LE
08-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm on a PC with Windows XP Professional and Pro Tools 6.9 with a M-Box.
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/PCMusicPack/Adapter.asp#

That's how my midi cables look and I have them connected like into each other will that work?
Please say Yessssss. OH. And I have the Midi adapter hooked up to my Creative SoundBlaster Audigy LS soundcard
Also how would I do the configuring on the Mixer or I have to figure that on my own.

Jeepster
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
"You will have to configure the Behringer device to transmit on channel 16". Have done this and pc is communicating with pro tools. "Then you will have the program the Midi CC values for your faders (40h-47h), Mutes, Bank left/right, Mode Switch, etc." This bit makes no sense to me, i can`t find anything in pro tools that lets you do this programing. can you help any more than this?

spkguitar
09-14-2005, 01:27 PM
i can`t find anything in pro tools that lets you do this programing

You don't do the programming in Pro Tools, you do it on the actual interface.

Jeepster
09-21-2005, 05:53 AM
this is not an answer. Not just an interface.
I need more explination, some of this midi info is not making sence compared to the midi info in the DDX3216. Has anyone here ever got them to work together?

spkguitar
09-21-2005, 06:21 AM
You would need to change the CC values that the DDX interface sends to match the ones in appendix a of the MIDI Control Surfaces Guide (http://akwww.digidesign.com/support/docs/MIDI_Control_Surfaces_6.1.pdf) (thus programming the DDX interface to send the values that Pro Tools is expecting to receive)

I had a look at the DDX manual, and I couldn't find any feature that allows you to change the CC values that the DDX interface sends (listed on page 54 of the DDX manual), so it looks as if it is not possible to use the DDX as a control surface in Pro Tools.

There's a reason why that thing is as cheap as it is...

Jeepster
09-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Why did you have to say it was cheap?
Did not ask what you thought of the DDX and as far as the DDX goes, it is a very good bit of kit for what it can do. I get good results from it.
I have the automation working to a point, So i would appriciate it if you did not answer the post.
Some one on here has had the DDX and Protools running automation. So please don`t answer to this post.

Thanks

Pro Tools LE
09-22-2005, 01:06 PM
A jeepster someone had the automation working. Who? And where can I find him? How about you do you have yours sort of setup for what we have been talking about and if not what do you use your DDX for?

Jeepster
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi

Am trying or hoping some one on here will help. I have always had the DDX3216 working as a control surface in Cubase SX with a Creamware Pulsar II card but some one gave me a Pro tools Digi 001 system, I had this for a long time before i took the plunge to using Pro tools all the time, i want to move over to Pro tools as i like the sound i`m geting from Pro tools but i am not sure yet if it is the card or the software, so I may stick with Cubase SX but useing the Digi 001 to record/mix with and still have the controll surface use of the DDX3216. I also use the mic preamps alot when recording drums. I get great results from this combination. Still hunting for the answer, when i do find the answer i will let you know.

Pro Tools LE
11-05-2005, 08:16 AM
A could ya tell me how you got the mixer to work with Cubase and Nuendo or could I do it with Magix Samplitude.