PDA

View Full Version : PT LE MBox 5.3.3-Reason 2 compatibily

milz10
08-15-2005, 02:36 AM
hi, can someone please tell me if protools mbox 5.3.3 le is compatible with reason 2...and what drivers are needed to run audio out of reason to protools

spkguitar
08-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Rewire functionality between Pro Tools and Reason was introduced in Pro Tools 6.1

milz10
08-16-2005, 07:12 AM
.....and you'll save him a whole lotta fishing time!

milz10
08-16-2005, 07:14 AM
so there is no way i can get my mbox 5.3.3 on XP to sync up to reason 2?

spkguitar
08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
You can, it's just a helluva lot more complicated and (IMHO) unnecessary. You're going to need a MIDI interface with more than one port, external cabling, and then you're going to need to set MIDI beat clock up between both programs. I think there was also a way to use one of the internal MIDI routers like MIDI Yoke and the like, but it's been so long since I've used any of those (or needed to) that I wouldn't be much help there.

It's much less hassle just to upgrade to a version of PT that has rewire functionality. One click and you're connected, sync'ed and ready to go.

ronev
09-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Two ways I've used:

1. Work in Reason alone....render the Stereo mix (or individual tracks)as an audio file(s)...import track(s) into PT, using "spot" to get them sync'ed up.

2. Use 2 computers, 1 with Reason, 1 w/ PT.....sync via MidiTimecode/Midi clock....realize Reason only recognizes Midi Clock.

supernova777
08-22-2014, 10:40 AM
i know this is legacy info
but ther is a 3rd way..
u can use the same computer.. and multiple audio interfaces...
there is a method of disabling rewire by removing the reason engine file

to quote myself:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1503.msg6602#msg6602

ive just confirmed this works 100%
by removing the reason engine in the extensions folder (reason engine, not the rewire, rewire MUST be present still) this allows the reason app to be launched *REWIRE FREE*

u can then use midi to sync the same way u would with two computers
this method above is for mac os9 (pt 5.x + reason 2.x) (obviosuly therse no extension folder on a pc)

but there would be another method for disabling rewire on a pc i think i would have to look that up!

heres a thread :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=254175