PDA

View Full Version : Hidden fonction in protools

Doume
08-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I read yesterday on a forum that pro tools contained a certain number of codes giving access to hidden functions. The principal function for which this code is used is: the bounce in accelerate time. It would thus seem that this function belongs to pro tools, after being officially withdrawn since version 4. I was unaware of this business completely, and I let to you imagine my amazement when i read this. Does anyone heard about that ?

Frank Kruse
08-12-2005, 12:14 PM
There is also this book (out of print I think) that contains 1000 undocumented short-cuts.

But I only read this here on the DUC.

frank.

Doume
08-12-2005, 12:35 PM
hi Frank, i gess that you did not mentionned the book in question - on my side i did a search in the duc & found nothin' about the thread

Peter Duemmler
08-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I´ve heard that in that book (never seen it myself) there was a trick mentioned which would make ProTools automatically edit all vocal and bass tracks into perfect intonation and phrasing without any artifacts. That was by pressing all keys on the computer keyboard but one.

Peter

Doume
08-12-2005, 07:18 PM
must be more than one to do that

Frank Kruse
08-13-2005, 04:11 AM
Not exactly 1000 but this is what I found:

http://www.backbeatuk.com/books/write/protoolsshort.htm

frank.

Doume
08-13-2005, 09:56 AM
yeah i knew there was that book - thanks
but still no one for that bounce thing ?

GeneOuse
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM
If those features are that long ago withdrawn from PT I dont imagine them being included in newer versions, even if they're present it is impossible that they'd function. Besides, developers like to talk about every little feature that's included in their software package, so what they tell us is what really exists.

Doume
08-13-2005, 01:01 PM
here's that one says "There is always hidden fonctions in almost all the softwares. I remember in particular the play hidden in the automation of the consoles SSL, and also that which was hidden in the sampleurs Roland S-770, to which one could acced by a combination of keys, or same in the macintosh, or one could see the images of those who had conceived it, and same landscapes etc... " (this must be still there, not?) - besides we got the info from a qualified digi engeneer who didn't know the excat code...

Andre Knecht
08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I say we start an online petition and force Digi to give us access to the mugs of the fine folks who coded PT as well as those landscapes. Especially the landscapes! It's just not fair that S-770 users should enjoy all those features while we ProToolers get none of that cutting edge stuff.

Come to think of it, petitions are so ephemeral - n’est ce pas? To add some weight to our righteous demands, we should form an official organization. For that, we need a name, a logo (and a flag), a website, bylaws, officers and titles. Oh, and an organizational flow chart.

We also need for someone to write a song, a theme, an anthem… a hymn! Needless to say, the latter needs to be of a rousing nature. It should instill strength and courage into the hearts of those who sing it (as well as moisten their eyes), and drill sheer terror to those infidels opposing our just cause. (If you must make reference to animals in the hymn’s lyrics, please do not use any that have been domesticated - stick to those found in jungles, forests and/or savannas.)

We must be driven and relentless; clever and cunning; sharp and resolute. Our every waking moment must be devoted to achieving our blessed goal. William Blake said it best in his poem “Jerusalem:”

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land(scape)

Almost forgot… Jeebus is on our side.

Andre Knecht
08-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Let me see if I can get the ball rolling…

How about “Doume’s Undeterreable Fighters for Undocumented Softwares[sic]?”

Doume
08-14-2005, 02:11 AM
ahaha t'es trop drole vieux !, on dirait un putain de militaire reconverti dans le son avec tes histoires d'hymnes à la con - t'as du essayer d'entrer à l'école du rire toi -
"n'est-ce pas ?" (ça sonne cool de balancer une phrase en français quant on fait partie d'un des pays les plus con de la planete ? isn't it ?
quel dommage que les gens bien avec qui tu as bossé - désolé : "pour qui tu as bossé" ne t'aient pas rendu moins con

ok in spite your french firstname, i'd be ready to bet that you don't understand a sh* to french so here we go (even if i hardly write in english) :
you're too old funny !, one would say a soldier reconverted into the sound with your stories of anthems to the idiot - i bet you tried to enter in the school of humourists - "n'est-ce pas" (does that sound so cool to throw a French sentence as one belongs to one of the most idiot countries of the planet ? isn't it? what a pity that the great people you worked with - sorry "for", haven't returned you less idiot

PTUser NYC
08-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Now go away, or Doume shall taunt you a second time!

minister
08-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Now go away, or Doume shall taunt you a second time!

filthy english KNECHTS!

georgia
08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

geo

"but i'm not dead yet!"

Andre Knecht
08-15-2005, 10:54 PM
[…] i'd be ready to bet that you don't understand a sh* to french

Go ahead - taking easy money from Clearasil beta testers just happens to be a favorite pastime of mine.