PDA

View Full Version : LATENCY HELP

TWIN305
07-31-2005, 04:11 AM
I WAS WONDERING, I ALWAYS HAVE A LATENCY BOX TELLING ME I HAVE TO INCREASE OR DECREASE THE B/W BUFFER, BUT IF I PLAY IT AT A 512 IT ASKS TO INCRESE WHEN I PUT IT TO 1024 IT ASKS TO DECREASE THERE NOP OTHER NUBERS IN BETWWEN, THATS ON THE PC VERSION, ON THE MAC MINI I UPGRADED FROM 6.4 TO 6.9 WITHOUT ANY CONFLICTS, PLUS I OPENED THE MAC MINI AND ADDED A DDR 33MHZ FROM MY REGULAR PC A 1GHZ MEMMORY AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERE NO PROBLEMS BUT MUCH FASTER, NOW THERES ALSO A WAYS TO OVERCLOCK YOUR MACMINI WITHOUT TAKING TI TO THE STORE MAX CPU OVERCLOCK IS 1.58GHZ, OPENING IS A BREEZE NOT ALLL THAT HARD IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TI DO IT............BUT CAN ANY ONE HELP ON THE LATNCY PROBLEM

albee1952
08-04-2005, 05:39 PM
First, please turn off caps lock!! I am betting you have some kind of setup problem. Check to see that your hard drives are operating in DMA mode is this is a must. Are you recording your sessions on a seperate hard drive? (it works much better than using the system drive). Is your audio drive a 7200rpm drive? It should be. Post your PC specs and someone else may have more to offer.