PDA

View Full Version : dumb question but I am SURE it is a command

blankpro
07-08-2005, 06:02 AM
I want to change output assign on multiple tracks within my procontrol (bt this question is for all you experts). I want to highlight a group of tracks and then change them all to a specific output.

If I wanted to change EVERY trac, I'd use the opt (alt) key. Is there a key to use for JUST THOSE TRACKS selected???

Jon_Atkinson
07-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Not sure about the Pro-Control, but the Protools shortcut for "Do This To All Selected" is hold down alt-shift, then whatever command you want to do...

Jon_Atkinson
07-08-2005, 06:17 AM
BTW, is there a command for "Select All In The Group"?.... I only ask, becuse it would be really handy to be able to put - for instance- all the drum tracks into record simultaneously using alt-shift then hit record-enable. But first you've got to select ALL the drum tracks..... If the drum tracks are all grouped (as they pretty much always are for me) it would be really helpful to be able to "Select all in group".....
Can't find it in the manual.....

tball
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
To select all the tracks in a group goto the groups window and opt+click the dot next to the group you want. This will highlight all the tracks in the group. To arm all these tracks opt+shift+click one of the highlighted tracks and all the selected tracks will arm.

Jon_Atkinson
07-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Cool! Thanks for that!!