PDA

View Full Version : PTMP DEMO M-Audio410 / PTLE6.4 OO1 / 2 Partitions

dkrz
06-03-2005, 05:02 AM
No go...

Here are the two systems:

Partition 1 - has PTLE6.4 running on 10.3.8 with a 001 (works fine)
Partition 2 - has Logic 7.1 running on 10.4.1 with M-Audio firewire 410 (works fine)

So I disconnected the 001 (but left the card in) and tried to install the PTMP DEMO onto the 10.3.8 partition.

I can’t get the m-powered demo to install at all. I get a warning that I have an incompatible version of PTLE installed on the system and that I should use the uninstaller to remove the older files. Of course I DO NOT want to remove the old files!

Can someone from Digi Tech tell me if it is because the M-Powered installer sees the 001 PCI card and that is why it won’t install ? - or - does it not install because you can’t run the demo with the original LE installed ?

If the latter is correct - then it seems pretty silly and ridiculous to make a customer remove his current product installation just to use a DEMO.

dk

DigiTechSupt
06-03-2005, 10:27 AM
- or - does it not install because you can’t run the demo with the original LE installed ?

This is the case. The problem is that M-Powered and Pro Tools LE use different audio components that are incompatible with each other. You must remove PTLE before installing the PTMP demo.