PDA

View Full Version : PT Noob, some basics after RTFM

pipelineaudio73
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi I am new to the world of PT and the owner here insists I use it often. We have one HD3Accel system on mac and are getting one on PC soon.

I have just a few basics I cannot find in the manual, please let me know how to do these

1. Autocrossfades. How do you make it so that when you slide one event over another, it crossfades in the overlapping region, automatically without hitting any buttons or whatever.

2. Split an event. I can see how to split a region, but how do you just click the cursor on something, then just split where the cursor is instead of an area?

Im sure I will have more soon

mantisgroove
04-25-2005, 07:59 AM
As for question #2, you can use the "Separate Region" command. Click on an area, and exactly where the cursor is sitting, just hit Command (or Apple button) + E. That should create a region separation right where the cursor was. Sorry, don't know the answer for #1, I'm an LE user.

Chris Cavell
04-25-2005, 08:04 AM
#1 is not possible in pro tools at the moment as pro tools creates actual audio files for the fades instead of simply scaling the overall file's output within the range of the fade in real time

Cliffy_Boy
04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
2. Split an event. I can see how to split a region, but how do you just click the cursor on something, then just split where the cursor is instead of an area?

in Command focus, just press the B key and the region will split at the cursor.

pipelineaudio73
04-25-2005, 12:51 PM
thank you guys! Im sure I will have plenty more soon.

pipelineaudio73
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
OK, I got another one, someone must have turned this option off in the system Im using and I need to turn it back on.

Right now, if I split an event, then move it, the moving event turns into a clear box and I cannot see the waveform in it. How do I fix this?