PDA

View Full Version : Mix24plus plug-ins

Kent Margraves
06-29-1999, 05:52 PM
My Mix24 plus winNT system runs great, but only when the plug-ins are not installed. This is the promotion plug-in bundle from last December. Anyone else having trouble with plug-ins on NT? tech support says they aware of the problem but no solution yet. Anybody got this to work right?

Kevin Ryan
07-16-1999, 08:16 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem with the MIX pack plugins. None of them are working except for the DigiRack II ones that come with ProTools itself. Pretty disappointing since the free plugin pack was one of the things that swayed the decision to buy the MIXPlus system.

I talked with tech support today, and they said were unaware of this and it might be because of the motherboard (mine is Gigabyte), but yet ProTools itself runs fine with no problems.

Also has anyone got MIXPlus running with both the core card and farm cards on NT. I can only get it to run with the core card.
If I add the farm card, it hangs the system.

Kevin Ryan
07-16-1999, 08:18 PM
By the way, Kent, do you mind if I ask what system/motherboard you are running MIXPlus on ? I have a Gigabyte board GX-6BXE that runs fine with the core card, but when I add the farm card, ProTools hangs the system after a few minutes of playback.

Kent Margraves
07-18-1999, 06:26 PM
Kevin,
Glad to hear someone else knows what I am asking about here. My machine has an IWill BX board with dual Intel 400s. We have been running the core and farm cards together just fine on this one. But, when I installed (and then quickly uninstalled) the plug-in pack ProTools got all messed up. The core program itself is running fine now, but I am still having trouble with it talking to my USD sync box. This started after the plug-in trouble. Tech support told me 2 months ago that they were working on a solution for this plug-in conflict and that I would be notified but I have not heard anything as of yet.
DIGI - any update on this?????????

DigiTechSupt
07-19-1999, 01:08 PM
Hi Kent. As you have been dealing with Mark
here in Tech Support I'll let him continue
with you. I am aware of the situation and we will straighten it out if at all possible.

Kevin- If you haven't been asked already, please send us your interlok installer log.
You'll find it in the WINNT folder. Put it on a floppy and mail it to us (attn. Customer Support / Mark J.)

Just so you know, this is not a known or common install behavior. With the help of PACE (the coppy protection company) we should be able to figure out what's going on. Thanks

Tom S.

Kevin Ryan
07-21-1999, 04:01 PM
Hi Kent,

If you look at the post "Plug Ins... Help" under PT Troubleshooting WinNT, Gary Shriver gives an interesting bit of information about the format of your system drives. Basically he is saying that it's better to have your NT system drive also formatted as FAT to eliminate the problem with the plugins. Check out the topic.

Also could I ask you specifically which model of the IWILL boards you are using? I was thinking about ordering a new one to finally get my MIXplus farm card working. I already had to order 2 (a ASUS P2B and Gigabyte GX-6XBE - neither of which have worked with MIXplus core and farm cards together.)

I'd rather not order a 3rd motherboard only to find out I ordered the wrong model again. I was trying to decide between the BD100plus, the DBL100, or the DBD100 (since I already have an Adeptec Ultra2Wide SCSI card. Are you actually using both CPUs in tbe board with ProTools and the MIX core and farm cards? That would be ideal.

Thanks for your info.

Kevin Ryan
07-21-1999, 04:05 PM
Hi Tom,

I have the auth.log file. Is there an e-mail address I could send it to as an attachment for faster delivery? Otherwise I will send it on a floppy. What would be the full US mail address if I can't e-mail it.

Thanks.

DigiTechSupt
07-22-1999, 02:14 PM
Hi Kevin. Please mail it on a floppy to : Digidesign Inc.
3401 Hillview ave.
Palo Alto. CA 94304-1348
Attn. Customer Service (Tom S.)

Thanks.