PDA

View Full Version : Hardware for Pro Tools on NT?

Lutz Pahl
03-08-1999, 06:56 PM
I have Intel Pentium 200 MMx with 128 MB RAM and two HDs. Will there be a Pro Tools software in future, working with common soundcards? Eaqual to Mix Plus on Mac? What kind of hardware is nesecary today to run Pro Tools on PC?
Greetings from a professional Mac User.
Lutz Pahl DeutschlandRadio

ProdInfo
03-09-1999, 07:54 AM
Lutz--

PT24, PT24 MIX, and PT24 MIX Plus are all fully NT-compatible now. They require a Pentium II 233 MHz or faster with 128 Mb minimum RAM. There are a number of other requirements for the computer and hard drives as well--check our website for compatibility information or give us a call at 1-800-333-2137.

Keep in mind that although Pro Tools software can run with either an AudioMedia III card or with no Digi hardware on a Mac, on a PC this is not the case. Pro Tools needs PT24 or MIX hardware to run on a PC.

Ted B.
Digidesign

Joris Vincken
03-09-1999, 01:02 PM
Ted,

Why don't you just answer the man's question? If you don't want to comment on feature developments just say so.

ProdInfo
03-10-1999, 08:21 AM
Joria--

I thought I did answer his question. Since he said "Equal to Mix Plus on a Mac?" I assumed he didn't know that PT MIX was NT-compatible, so I was just telling him that it was.

Lutz--

Let me know if you need more info. If you're wondering about Pro Tools software working with other companies' hardware, I don't think that is something we are planning on doing.

Ted B.
Digidesign