PDA

View Full Version : Need a jumpstart

Justin
02-17-1999, 09:13 AM
I’m really running out of ideas now, so any help would come in handy. I’ve just installed my PT24 core system. The demo-sessions open just fine, but after a while, PT refuses to play back anything, telling me that ”DAE Error -9125 was encountered”. This error occurs even faster in my own sessions. When I run Digitest, I get
Slot 0 d24 (Engine) #1 - Passed
Slot 1 DSP Farm #1 - Failed: Error Code 3 Invalid (on test 4 of 14).

PT runs on a PII 350, NT 4.0 SP 3 Build 1381, 128 MB RAM, ASUS P2B-S Mainboard, Matrox Millennium G200 AGP Display adapter, 3Com Network Adapter, PS/2 Mouse

I’ve tried just about anything, including removal of network and AGP-cards, changing PCI-slots and disabling all hardware other than PT-cards, display and SCSI. So: what does the 9125 error mean, what stops my Digitest on test 4 and how do I get back in business?

Thanks!

Justin
02-17-1999, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I am using Adaptec 7890 Integrated controller with the recommended IBM Ultrastar 9,1 gb disk. I will check the termination issue (I had a little trouble installing the drive). I also understand that you believe this could also be the cause of the digitest error. And just to clarify: The test does not report a "4 og 14" error. It gives the error message "Failed: Error Code 3 Invalid" when it reaches test 4 (of 14) on the DSP farm card.
I'll get the update from my dealer. Thanks again.

DigiTechSupt
02-18-1999, 12:43 AM
Justin. The 9125 errors we've encountered on NT systems have usually been caused by a SCSI issue. You didn't mention in your system profile if you were using an Adaptec SCSI card. If you're not, you need to configure a
2940UW with a couple ultra wide (68 pin) drives that are activly terminated. The termination issue is critical. A ultra wide chain can only be a meter in length, so the cabling has to be very short. Also, we recommend the SCSI drives be formatted FAT 16. No more than a 4095MB partition is supported. Fill me in on your SCSI setup as it pertains to this information. I hope this helps.

The "4 of 14" DAE error should not be relevent in this system. I'm looking more into it. If you get the 4.2.5 update, then run the Install-O-Rator program and see if that reveals anything. Thanks.

Tom S.