PDA

View Full Version : Need tips/tricks for recording only in STEREO!

DTrigga
01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Okay,

I have the MBOX running 6.7LE on mah computer.

I basically just need some tips/tricks/guidance for recording a live band with only having 2 inputs. Like.. the final mix that is recorded will be stereo. I will have honest control over the levels (drums, etc. etc.) but its all going in stereo.

I'm broke and i Can't afford a digi002rack or a HD 8 channle input recorder type deal. I know its possible to make it good, but my worry is getting the mix proper... while on headphones that are in the same room/area as the live mix. It's just tough, and then after ur done recording, ur basically stuck with that. Ah well, tis life. Maybe I should look at getting an ADAT recorder... they are fairly cheap (I think... maybe) and i've worked with them alot in the past. ARrggg, damn being broke.

Daren

Matt Whritenour
01-12-2005, 11:29 PM
we'll if u get an ADAT u will have to bounce each track seperatly to pro tools, you would be able to do 2 at a time, and ADAT has no benifit to it, just save ur money for a 002r

Rail Jon Rogut
01-13-2005, 01:11 AM
The only advice I can give you is... Try to get into a different room with speakers. There are some great direct to two recordings out there.. but doing it on headphones while in the same room will make it almost impossible to get a good mix.

Rail

Room24Prod
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah it's hard to mix in an environment like that. Pretty much impossible if you ask me. If you can rent an Adat, or 2, that day, then you can take it home and transfer them in groups of 2 down into the MBox, then you would have several tracks you can then mix down to your liking.

Naagzh
01-14-2005, 01:58 PM
What area are you in? Surely someone (maybe someone on this forum) would rent you their 002R or 001 for a day...