PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having these problems?

Raven
05-29-2000, 09:41 PM
I am not exactly having a good time with the PT AV.Teething problems?
1. With no monitor connected to the ABVB card the system boots up as if there are two monitors and the missing ABVB Monitor becomes the boot up monitor. How do I disable this?
2. Why does it take 5 - 7 seconds for the record function to start after I give the command. This happens when I try to record picture or sound.
PCIG4/400/192MB/13 slot Digi chassis
Thanks

KK Proffitt
05-29-2000, 10:07 PM
I think you can adjust this in the monitors control panel. PTAV always "thinks" there are two monitors. Another tip to keep from losing your cursor to the "absent monitor" (a real PITA) is to move the monitors so that the second one just touches the top right hand corner of the first one. If you do lose the cursor when you go to open the disk, just mouse all the way down and then mouse left and the cursor will pop out of the top corner.

As for your second problem: sounds like you may have been bitten by the "hidden countoff". It's visible in the expanded transport window and as I recall, it's "8" on the numerical keypad.

------------------
KK Proffitt
www.jamsync.com

USAB Post
05-30-2000, 03:28 PM
Put the monitors on top of each other in the Monitors and Sound Control Panel. You won't lose the cursor then. The countoff is in fact the number 8 on the numeric keypad, and make sure preroll is set to what you like too.

Peace

Fajita

Raven
05-31-2000, 09:35 PM
I have only one monitor connected and in Monitor settings I see only one. To get to the monitor setings I hooked up the monitor to the ABVB card expecting to see two monitors but... So how do I make changes to make the only monitor connected to the G4 as the boot monitor?