PDA

View Full Version : d24 not seeing Adat Bridge 16 bit

Creative Sound Design
04-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I have a Blue & White G3 that I have a Mix Farm and a D24 in. I have an Adat Bridge 24bit connected to the Mix Farm with the optical connections to my Tascam DM-24 digital console. I'm running PT 5.1 and OS 9.2 without any problems. Works Great!

I recently purchase a second Adat Bridge (16bit) to connect to the d24 card so that I could increase my monitor sends in the studio (via MOTU 2408 in stand alone mode). Anyway, the d24 doesn't recognize anything attached to it. I first thought that maybe it was a cable problem so I moved the 16bit bridge to the mix farm and the 24 bit bridge to the d24. When I reloaded PT it recognized the bridge on the mix farm but nothing on the d24. This told me that my newly acquired bridge and cable was working fine.

Anybody have any ideas on what my problem is?? I've searched the DUC and Answerbase but can't find anything related to this problem. Since I'm a novice with PT (only been using it the last year and a half), I'm guessing there is something I need to setup to recognize an I/O interface plugged into the d24 card. Help!!!

edhamilton
04-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey RB!

When I had the D24 card we did indeed use 2 adat bridges with it.
But both were attached to mix farms.
I can't remember if there was a reason for this but I know for sure that it worked flawlessly.

It could well be that we patched them to the mix farms because the D24 wouldn't see them but as far as I can remember its just that we hooked them to the mixfarms first and never looked back.

For a time we did have a 882/20 hooked to the d24 at the same time the 2 adat bridges were on the farms.

best of luck,

Ed Hamilton

Creative Sound Design
04-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks Ed!

I discovered from a reseller of Digidesign that, according to them, the d24 did/does not support bridges. So I guess I'll look into some 888/24s or get another Mix Farm.

Hope all is going well with you and I appreciate the response!

RB