PDA

View Full Version : Beat Detective question

Spiritwalkerpro
04-13-2004, 08:27 AM
I need to get some help with Beat Detective. I've tried to follow the instuctions in the help and in in the manual but it doesn't seem to get through. Anyone know any other sources that I can access to try and get a start with this feature. Maybe another book or a CDROM or something. Is anyone coming to Northern Canada fishing this summer?

Norm

makerthemaker
04-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Hello-

I have used BD for years now and I have my own method:

1. Make sure you have recorded your drums to a click and in Bars and Beats, this is the only way this will work.

2. I suggest you BD in small sections. I will always start with the top of the song and select for instance the 4 bar intro and then do 8 bar verse 4 bar pre chorus 8 bar chorus etc etc etc. Always group all of your drum tracks together and with each section always move the drums right to the 1 of that bar usually starts with a kick.

3.With your fist section highlighted call up BD and select Bar Beat Maker Generation- Capture Selection- Analyze
move the sensitivity bar around until it has selected all of your beats. make sure you have selected 1/4, 8 or 16 notes. If you selected the wrong note pattern then reselect and repeat this step

4. Go down to Region Separation and hit Separate

5.Go down to Region Conform and hit Conform

6. Go down to Edit Smoothing and hit smooth with the Fill and Cross fade selected.

This is a simple way that I figured out, follow the steps exactly as I have said and you will have success. If you haven't recorded your drums with a click then I suggest that you always do. If the drummer can't play to a click he is not a drummer.

God Bless You

Dr. J
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
we always do it in sections as well. Verse, Pre, Chs etc... Usually because the drum parts change with the sections. Also you want to change your notes for things like fills. 32 notes etc.... Also make sure when you region conform your highlighted area is on a one beat. If it's not it gets all screwed up. Un-highlight the front of the section until it's on a one beat or down beat and manually move the first peice.