PDA

View Full Version : networking mac and pc

rabid badger
03-31-2004, 08:17 PM
hello everyone. i have a g4 (dual 1.42-osx) and a pc(p4 2.4-xp pro). am using 002r. i was wondering if anyone knows how or even if possible to network them together.
in the end, i was hoping i could use one or the other just for plugs and synths.
i'm not savvy in the world of networking so any suggestions would be greately appreciated.
thanks

N-G-NEER
04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
from what I hear OSX and Win XP are very compatible

rabid badger
04-01-2004, 04:43 PM
i guess what i'm trying to get at is, even with two of the same type computer, is it possible to have one setup for plugs and synths so as not to drain cpu from the one running protools. and if so, is there a noticable improvement in plugin and track counts.
now as to mac and pc, will one be able to use the plugs from the other either by running virtual pc or dave etc.
i guess i'm just trying to get the best performance with what i have without having to go up to an hd system right now.
thanks

where02190
04-01-2004, 10:16 PM
You cannot run plugins from one computer on antother computer, but you can sync softsynths with a midi interface.

If you connec the two computers via ethernet and set sharing privelages, both machines can share files, but not apps.